Monday, January 23, 2017

Week of 1/15/17

My research is driven by a passion for engineering. I hope to share it with the students I interact with through my internship. My essential question remains: how does the implementation of competition robotics into Engineering class-curriculum help inspire interest in STEM fields, as well as improve overall student engagement, creativity, and satisfaction? I plan to showcase through either presentation or documentation of actual robots built by the students I work with. I have powerpoint presentations I have created for engineering lessons as well. There is plenty of research regarding scholarly articles and case studies in which the effects of STEM curriculum on student participation have been observed. This combined with accounts my own experiences, what I have learned from my mentor, and what I have observed firsthand among students a will provide the basis for my real inquiry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment